Tuesday, February 1, 2011

01 February 2011

I finally have time for another blog post because of there being no school tomorrow. School has been canceled for tomorrow and Thursday so far, and might possibly be canceled on Friday also, due to Cyclone Yasi. Cyclone Yasi is expected to hit tomorrow night around 10.00PM, and is currently a Level 5 cyclone.
Here is a picture of the cyclone off the coast of north east Queensland:
 Don't worry though, everything will be okay! We have done our food shopping, cleaned up all the loose items around the house, and Kel has a generator for when we loose power. So everything is going to be okay:)
Other then the getting ready for the storm, we have done a lot in the last week! I got to celebrate Australia Day on the 26th of January. Kel, Bec, Alex, Pauline (Kel's mum), Bill (Pauline's husband), Tom and WIll (Kel's step brothers), Gabriel (Pauline and Bill's exchange student from Brazil), and I went to a creek for the day to have a barbie. After the barbie, we went back to Pauline and Bill's for a swim and dinner. 
These are some pictures from Australia day:
 
Alex (my host brother).
       
The Zook, one of Kel's cars.
I then started school the next day, the 27th. All the exchange students had an orientation that day, but started our classes the next day, on Friday. School is really different here. Every school here has uniforms. The uniforms I ordered still are not in yet, so I have been wearing a shirt too big for me with paint stains on it, that I am barrowing from the school councelor's son, and shorts that are too big for me also. But thats alright! No one knows me anyway right? :) But other than that, school has been good! 
On Friday night Bec and I went to a Croc's game! The Croc's are the Townsville professional basketball team. They were playing the Gold Coast which is the team from just south of us. The basketball game was exciting cause a trophy was on the line, and the Croc's won it back! 
On Saturday Pauline, Bill, and Will took Gabriel and I  to a beach in Townsville called Bushland Beach. The tide was really low so you could walk out really far on the beach. It was a beautiful day and from the beach you could see Magnetic Island!
These are some pictures from Bushland Beach:
Bill and their dog Reba.
Will and Reba.
The Beach with Magnetic Island in the back.
We were planning to go down to Airlie Beach for the weekend with Pauline and Bill, which is a beach a few hours south of here. But because of the storm, we won't be able to make it down there this week! 
Here is a link to a video from my last week in Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment