Thursday, February 24, 2011

22 February 2011

I have already been here for over a month, which is so hard to believe! It has gone by so fast, I feel like I just got here last week. Last Friday we had no school because we had what they call the swimming carnival. The swimming carnival is a day where everyone from school goes to the local pool, dresses up in their house colors, and then all day it is a competition between all the houses through swim races, and what they call novelty events. Your house gets points for how well your swimmers do in their races, for how many people participate in the novelty events, and then at the end of the day one house wins the spirit award!
Here are some pictures from the swimming carnival:
The pool.
Jack, Candy, and I.
Penny and I after our first novelty event.
Mercedes and I before a novelty event.
The next day, on Saturday, Mercedes and I went with some friends from another school in town here, Kirwan State High School, to the Reef HQ. The Reef HQ is the aquarium in town, and then after that we spent the rest of the night at The Stand! Which is our main beach in town.
We stopped and got gelato and then stayed on the beach for a while!
Oh! And Kelvyn wants to make sure I don't forget to tell all of you about my story from yesterday, which he finds quite funny. haha  So yesterday I went to make my bed, before I left for school, and was standing on top of my bed to shake out my sheets. Why I choose to stand on my bed to do so, I'm not sure. But when I lifted my blanket to shake it out, I sliced my fingers on my fan. Which was on full speed. So after a lot of laughing, and then crying, and getting blood everywhere, Kelvyn got me all bandaged up. And just so you know, I did turn off my fan this morning before I went to make my bed. :)
This last week has been great, and this whole experience is going by so fast already! It's my birthday this weekend, and then next weekend we are heading up to Cairns with Pauline, Bill, and Gab. So we have a lot of exciting things going on in the upcoming weeks!

Here is the link to the movie I made so you can see a little bit of the swimming carnival and the rest of my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment