Saturday, April 9, 2011

9 April 2011

This blog post is very overdue! But that just means I have been really busy, which means I have lots of stories to catch all of you up on! :)
Given the fact my last blog post was on February 22, and it is now April, instead of making you all read a really long post, here is a video of my pictures from my last month in Australia:



(Here is the link to the video, if this video clip is to small: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NysxBPVk8-Y)

Overall, life has been really hectic these last few weeks! In school here, instead of grading you on your ongoing smaller homework assignments, you are handed one big assignment for each class. You have about three weeks or so to prepare for it and complete it. So I have been really busy with all of my school assignments lately, but I just turned in my last one on Friday! So I am now back to having some free time! Things are going well in school though, which is really good! For a while there I was worried I may not do well, just because their expectations in school here are so much different from at home.
Other than school assignments, I have been busy with trying to complete a divers course so I can get my scuba diving license! This past Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I spent everyday doing training. Monday I had a theory lesson, and Tuesday and Wednesday I had pool sessions; where we would run through different drills that you have to complete to get your license! I had a trouble on a few of the tests, but I am proud to say that even though it may have taken me a little longer than everyone else to get everything down, I finally completed all of the tests! :)  This upcoming wednesday and Thursday all the exchange students have the opportunity to go on a scuba-diving/camping trip! I am very, very excited for it! On Wednesday we are heading up North a bit, where from there we will head out to the Great Barrier Reef. We get to dive all day Wednesday and then we are camping on a small island out there for the night. Then we get to wake up Thursday and scuba dive all day and then we will head home that night!
The next day, Friday, there is no school because it is the beginning of our autumn break-remember it is autumn over here in Australia:)-so I will get some sleep and then pack for my next adventure! On Saturday, the 16th, I am flying up to Cairns and then from there to Alice Springs, which is in Northern Territory. There I will meet up with a group of exchange students and begin our ten day "Outback Safari"! We camp for ten days, starting in Northern Territory, heading south through the outback, to South Australia, which from there we will head over to Victory, which is where we will stay in Melbourne for our last two days!
I have a very exciting next couple weeks ahead of me, and I can't wait! I'm loving it here and time is flying by! I'm sorry it took me so long to put another blog post up, but I promise I will post another when I get back from my outback trip! :)

1 comment:

  1. Claire girl,
    What a long way you have come from sitting beside the pool and not wanting to go in. That is so awesome. I can't wait to hear about the barrier reef. You have an amazing gracious adaptive capacity. I love you and pray for you each day. Aunt Barbie

    ReplyDelete